Huntsville Business Dispute Attorneys
Is a business dispute costing you money?
Trust Morris, King & Hodge.
Business disputes, whether they arise over contracts, delinquent accounts, fraud, or another instance of rule-breaking, can be a major setback for large and small companies alike. In a world where time is money, you simply cannot afford to let a dispute divert resources away from the growth of your business.
The business litigation lawyers of Morris, King & Hodge understand that you have worked hard to get where you are. That is why we work hard resolve clients’ business disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Our skilled trial attorneys will not hesitate to go to court if that means securing on your behalf fair compensation for financial losses incurred by the misconduct of another company or individual. For a free review of your case, call our Huntsville law office at (256) 526-0588 or compete our secure web contact form.
Types of Business Disputes We Handle
At Morris, King & Hodge we represent clients involved in all types of business disputes, including :
- Breach of contract: If a written, oral, or implied contract exists, then the agreeing parties are legally bound to fulfill the contract terms. When one party inexcusably fails to uphold the specified terms—for example, by not providing payment or completing a job—it can cause economic damage to the other party. The nonbreaching party may then sue the breaching party for recovery of damages. Morris, King & Hodge recently secured a on behalf of a farmer in a breach of contract case against a livestock broker.
- Fraud: Business fraud goes beyond ordinary breach of contract. It entails deceptive practices such as false statements and concealment or omission of facts by one party that causes economic harm to another party. While business fraud takes many forms, almost none of them are excusable. Attorneys at Morris, King & Hodge have secured more than $20,000,000 in verdicts on behalf of clients wronged by fraud.
- Partnership disputes: Business partners may be on the same page at the start of a venture, but the accord does not always last. Disputes between partners can come about over disagreements on how to run the company, payment sharing, shareholder liability, the direction of the business, the partnership agreement terms, and other reasons. When the partners cannot resolve the dispute themselves, an experienced business litigator may need to step in and help.
- Trade secret and non-compete agreement disputes: There are various legal instruments designed to protect a business’ confidential information. Individuals who do not fulfill their legal duty to keep this information private often gain personal advantage while doing damage to their former employer. Or, it may be the case that an employer wants you to sign an unreasonable non-compete agreement. Our law firm has experience handling all types of trade secret, non-compete, and confidentiality agreement disputes.
- Other business dispute practice areas: In addition to the case types outlined above, Morris, King & Hodge also handles cases involving:
- Employee contract disputes
- Business torts
- Construction disputes
Discuss Your Case For Free With an Experienced Alabama Business Attorney
The so-called “cost of doing business” does not include illegal practices. If you are a business owner, partner, or employee who suffered financial losses from another’s misconduct, it is your right to seek legal recourse.
The skilled trial lawyers of Morris, King & Hodge will attempt to reach a fair settlement on your behalf through negotiation and mediation. Should those attempts fail, however, we will take the case to trial in pursuit of justice. Our lawyers have a proven track record of successfully resolving business disputes. To learn how we can help, schedule your free consultation by calling (256) 536-0588 or sending an online message.