The spring months are one of the best times for exploring the beauty of Alabama by way of its most scenic motorcycle routes. Avid bikers can enjoy the beautiful scenery along the gulf coast and the scenic inland routes that cross our state.
Here are three of the top motorcycle trips Alabama has to offer:
- Natchez Trace Parkway – A beautiful, historic, 444-mile route that goes from Natchez, Mississippi to Nashville, Tennessee. Antebellum and Victorian homes, Civil War battlefields, and quaint small towns are among the sights along the Trace. Picturesque landscapes of forests, creeks, and farmland add to the experience. The route is especially ideal for motorcyclists because commercial trucks are prohibited, there are no stop lights, and traffic is generally light. The large majority of the Trace goes through Mississippi. The Alabama section of the Trace is just 33 miles and crosses over the Tennessee River.
- Little River Canyon Parkway – A twisty 12-mile road with numerous scenic pull-off spots along the rim of the Little River Canyon, located atop Lookout Mountain in northeast Alabama, about an hour and a half drive from Huntsville. Not to be missed is Little River Falls, a gorgeous 45-foot waterfall located right off Highway 35.
- Coastal Connection Scenic Byway – This 130-mile drive along the Alabama Gulf Coast is one of 150 places in the U.S. recognized by the Federal Highway Administration as a “National Scenic Byway.” It certainly lives up to that accolade as it showcases beautiful beaches, wildlife preserves, historic sites, and delicious seafood restaurants. Animal lovers and bird watchers must stop at Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, a 7,157-acre habitat for endangered animals – including sea turtles and Alabama beach mice – and hundreds of bird species, including ospreys, herons, and hummingbirds.
These are just a few of our favorite motorcycle routes in Alabama.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Make sure your ride through Alabama is a safe one by following these motorcycle safety tips:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Be awake and ride sober.
- Avoid riding in bad weather.
- Invest in antilock brakes.
- Never drink before riding.
- Brush up on the rules of the road.
- Don’t speed.
Of course, even if you take every reasonable precaution to protect your safety while out on the road, you cannot control the actions of other drivers, so you may still end up in a serious accident. If you are injured in an accident caused by someone else, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
How Can Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. Help?
Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., has been handling motorcycle accident cases in counties and cities throughout North Alabama since 1966. Our 50-plus years of trusted and skillful legal service has earned our firm a listing in the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.
Call us today or complete our case review form online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., can help you move forward after a serious motorcycle crash caused by the negligence of others.
Harvey B. Morris is a lifelong Alabamian who has been practicing law in Huntsville since getting his law degree and passing the state bar in 1966.