Many people don’t take the same precautions on a boat as they do in a car, such as avoiding alcohol and traveling at safe speeds. And the presence of water makes it highly likely that someone involved in a boating accident may drown.
If you’re involved in an accident on the water in Alabama, talk to the attorneys at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., today. Our Huntsville boating accident lawyers have been helping personal injury victims in Alabama for nearly 50 years. We’ve recovered more than $125 million in compensation for our clients.
Contact our Huntsville office to learn more about our services and get a free initial consultation.
How Boating Accidents Happen
Boating accidents rarely happen out of the blue. In most cases, some type of negligence is involved. It may be that the boater, driving a jet ski, boat, or other watercraft, was negligent by drinking or speeding or failed to do proper maintenance checks before going out on the water.
When someone suffers injuries in a boating accident caused by negligence, our boat crash attorneys can help victims pursue fair compensation for their injuries.
How Can a Huntsville Boating Accident Attorney Help Me
Recovering fair compensation for your injuries after an accident can be a challenge, but here are some ways a boating accident attorney in Huntsville can help:
- Identifying who was negligent and can be held liable for your injuries
- Documenting your injuries, lost wages, medical bills, and other losses from the accident
- Gathering evidence to establish negligence
- Opening negotiations for a settlement with the liable party’s insurance company
- Bringing your case to court if the insurer will not make a fair settlement offer
Obtaining Compensation After a Boating Accident in Huntsville
To obtain compensation after a boating accident, you’ll generally need to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. Many different types of negligence could contribute to a boating accident. Our boat collision lawyers are ready to help you find the evidence needed to support your negligence claim.
Once you’ve gathered the necessary evidence to build a solid case, you can seek compensation for the different types of harm from the accident. Among other things, you can seek compensation for:
- Lost wages and reduced capacity to work because of your injuries
- Medical bills and the cost of future treatment
- Physical pain and suffering from your injuries
- Any psychological or emotional fallout from your injuries
- Damaged personal property
Our boat wreck lawyers have the experience, resources, and skills to help you build a strong case for compensation so you can pursue the resources you need.
Boating Accident Statistics
According to the United States Coast Guard, there were 5,265 boating accidents across the country in one recent year, resulting in 3,191 injuries and 767 deaths.
In Alabama, there were 96 accidents that year, resulting in 19 deaths, 56 injuries, and almost $1.5 million in property damage.