Whiplash, one of the most common injuries from car accidents, may initially appear as minor discomfort but can lead to severe and long-lasting repercussions that impact every facet of your life.
From throbbing neck pain to challenges with navigating medical appointments and insurance claims, the Huntsville whiplash injury attorneys at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., understand your difficulties. Our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys are ready to stand by your side, providing personalized legal advice and guidance tailored to your needs. With a proven track record of successful outcomes, we are committed to helping you seek the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., today to learn more about how our attorneys can help you pursue a car accident whiplash settlement in Huntsville.
What Is Whiplash and What Causes It?
Whiplash is a type of neck injury that commonly occurs when a sudden and forceful trauma causes the head to experience rapid acceleration and deceleration forces that damage the neck’s soft tissues, including muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves.
Whiplash is a frequent injury in car accidents, including rear-end accidents, head-on accidents, rollover accidents, drunk driving accidents, and hit-and-run accidents. The injury gets its name from the back-and-forth motion of the head, which resembles the cracking of a whip.
Common Symptoms of Whiplash
According to the Mayo Clinic, the following symptoms can develop after a whiplash injury:
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Limited mobility in the neck
- Upper body pain and stiffness
- Tingling and numbness in arms and fingers
- Difficulty sleeping
If you experience any of these symptoms after a car crash in Huntsville, you should see a medical professional and follow their instructions to prevent worsening symptoms or complications.
Types of Evidence to Support a Whiplash Claim
To support a whiplash claim, you must collect evidence that proves the other party’s negligence and demonstrates your accident-related losses. The following types of evidence could strengthen your claim:
- Medical records – Detailed medical records from the healthcare professionals who treated your injuries are often crucial.
- Photographs and videos – Visual evidence of the accident scene can help illustrate the accident’s circumstances and the force of impact. It can also help establish liability on the part of the at-fault party.
- Accident reports – The police officer’s accident report can provide valuable information about the crash and the officer’s assessment of who caused the accident and how.
- Witness statements – Statements from witnesses who saw the accident or interacted with you afterward can provide independent testimony about what happened.
- Expert testimony – Expert witnesses can provide objective analysis and testimony regarding the cause and severity of your whiplash injury. Examples of expert witnesses include medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists.
- Documentation of expenses – Keep records of all medical bills, prescription costs, rehabilitation expenses, and other related costs incurred due to your whiplash injury.
- Lost wages and income – If your whiplash injury caused you to miss work or reduced your earning capacity, provide documentation of your lost wages and income. Examples include pay stubs, tax records, and statements from your employer.
- Recovery journal – Take notes to document your daily experiences, pain levels, limitations, and emotional well-being following the injury.
Types of Compensation Available in Huntsville Whiplash Settlements
With the assistance of our Huntsville whiplash car accident attorneys, you can seek compensation for the following types of accident-related losses:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
How Long Does It Take to Settle a Whiplash Claim?
The amount of time it takes to settle a whiplash claim depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, the complexity of the case, and the willingness of the parties to negotiate and reach a settlement. In straightforward cases, a claim can settle in as little as a few weeks. In other cases, settling a whiplash claim can take several months to a year or more.
In any event, it is essential to consult a whiplash attorney as soon as possible. That’s because, in Alabama, personal injury victims have only two years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Even if you hope to avoid a lawsuit, this deadline can impact your negotiating power. Do not wait too long to get started.
Benefits of Hiring Our Huntsville Whiplash Injury Attorneys
Hiring our Huntsville whiplash injury attorneys can offer several important benefits, including:
- Legal knowledge – Personal injury laws can be complex. Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., handles a broad range of personal injury cases across Alabama, including whiplash injuries, so we understand the legal nuances, regulations, and statutes relevant to your case.
- Stellar reputation – In the North Alabama legal community and beyond, Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., has earned a reputation as an effective legal team with superior qualifications and high ethical standards. Our firm received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating given to attorneys by their peers.
- Maximizing compensation – Our firm helps clients maximize their potential compensation through various means, including identifying all liable parties, quantifying the full extent of their losses, and negotiating aggressively for the best possible result.
- Trial experience – While most of our clients settle whiplash claims out of court, our attorneys are always prepared to fight for your rights at trial if need be. We have extensive courtroom experience and can represent your interests effectively at trial.
- Reducing stress – Dealing with the aftermath of a whiplash accident and managing a personal injury claim can be overwhelming. Hiring an attorney from Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., allows you to focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your case.
Talk to a Whiplash Settlement Lawyer in Huntsville Now
In the wake of a car accident that leaves you grappling with pain and suffering from a whiplash injury, Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., wants to be your steadfast advocate, guiding you through legal intricacies and providing a compassionate hand to hold during this difficult time. Whether through skillful negotiation or assertive litigation, our whiplash car accident attorneys stand ready use every tool at our disposal to protect your rights and seek maximum compensation.
Contact Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., today for a free consultation.