While all accidents involving motor vehicles could result in injuries, motorcycle accidents are often particularly severe, largely due to how exposed motorcyclists are to collisions. They don’t have the protection of a steel frame, seatbelts, airbags, and other automobile safety features.
If you have been injured in a Decatur motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, you need an experienced lawyer to stand up for your rights.
If you are looking for a respected lawyer who has helped many North Alabama families, choose the law firm of Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. Our experienced Decatur motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get your life back on track.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations and will explain all your legal options. Contact us now to find out how we can help.
Table of Contents
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Decatur, Alabama
Motorcycle accidents are often the fault of another motor vehicle driver. This occurs frequently because motorcyclists can be difficult to see on the road and some motorists don’t make the effort to look out for them.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Violation of the motorcyclist’s right of way
- Drivers’ inability to recognize motorcyclists on the road
- Heavy traffic
- Lack of signaling
- Road hazards
- Motorcycle defects
- Following too closely
- Drunk driving
These factors and numerous others can contribute to motorcycle accidents that can result in serious physical injury and even death. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was no fault of your own, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Because the laws surrounding motorcycle accidents can be difficult to understand, people who have been injured in a motorcycle accident need an experienced Decatur personal injury attorney. The Decatur motorcycle lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., are ready to assist you in pursuing the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys have the skills and resources to fully investigate the crash that harmed you. We can determine the true cause of the accident and who was at fault.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Decatur
At Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., we understand how serious the consequences of a motorcycle accident can be for our clients. There are many types of damages you can pursue after your motorcycle accident, including financial compensation for any injuries you have suffered.
Some common motorcycle accident injuries victims sustain include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Brain injuries are among the most severe injuries that a rider could suffer in a motorcycle crash. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have life-changing consequences, including memory loss, mood swings, chronic pain, fatigue, dizziness, and more. TBIs can be fatal.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are often very serious. Many victims require long-term health care, rehabilitation, and need help with basic daily tasks. Symptoms can include nerve pain, difficulty breathing, and even paralysis.
- Lower Extremity Injuries – Motorcycle accident victims are more likely to suffer a lower-extremity injury than an upper-extremity injury. Severe injuries to the legs, knees, and pelvis may require extended hospital stays and rehabilitation and can lead to permanent impairments.
- Facial Injuries – If a rider is thrown from a motorcycle and hits the road, they could sustain facial fractures, nerve damage, cuts and bruises. Plastic surgery may be required for severe facial disfigurement.
- Road Rash – When a motorcyclist strikes the road, they will typically slide across it, causing damage to the skin. Known as “road rash,” these injuries may require skin grafts and reconstructive surgery.
- Amputation – If damage to a motorcyclist’s limb is severe enough, it may require surgical removal. Accident victims who need amputations may require long-term medical care, physical and occupational therapy, and prosthetics to help them through a difficult recovery.
Compensation for Decatur Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Our experienced Decatur motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to help you pursue the full range of damages you deserve, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Future lost income and reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
At Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., our goal is to ensure you are fully compensated for the pain you’ve suffered and the financial impact the accident has had on your life.
When to Call a Decatur Motorcycle Lawyer
When you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Decatur, you need to act fast to protect your rights and your ability to recover compensation. We understand that this can be difficult, which is why our attorneys will be with you every step of the way throughout the legal process. Let us handle the legal work while you focus on healing.
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident and sustain severe injuries, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Make sure you document all the medical care you receive and follow your doctor’s instructions. After you have received emergency medical treatment for your injuries, you need to make sure your accident has been reported to the police, and that you get a copy of the police report.
Most importantly, you should contact our experienced Decatur motorcycle accident lawyers as soon as you are able. An attorney will start the process of investigating your injury claim and building your case. It’s important to note that, with Alabama’s statute of limitations, you generally only have two years from the date of your motorcycle accident to file a lawsuit in most cases. Therefore, it is recommended that you get started with your claim as soon as possible.
How Can Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., Help Me After a Decatur Motorcycle Accident?
At Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., we handle motorcycle accident cases in Decatur and throughout North Alabama, including Madison County, Morgan County, Marshall County, and Lauderdale County. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
To schedule a free and confidential consultation, please call us at any time or complete our online form. The Decatur motorcycle accident lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., are prepared to help you move forward after a serious motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of others.