Suffering an injury in a tow truck accident in Huntsville can leave you feeling vulnerable, overwhelmed, and besieged by an onslaught of unexpected recovery expenses. However, you could seek accountability and fair compensation for your losses by pursuing a tow truck accident claim against liable parties.
Attempting to tackle a tow truck accident claim without professional help is more than just challenging. It’s also risky. That’s why you need an ally. And that’s where our truck accident lawyers come in.
At the law firm of Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., we take pride in standing shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, offering guidance and unwavering commitment in the face of adversity. Our team of skilled, compassionate lawyers has built a reputation of trust and success over the years. We don’t just represent you. We join you in your fight.
Reach out to us today for a free initial consultation with a Huntsville tow truck accident lawyer. Let us help you reclaim control of your life.
Types of Tow Trucks Involved in Crashes
Many types of tow trucks operate on roads in Huntsville and across Alabama. Each has distinct features and purposes.
Below are some common types you might encounter:
- Hook-and-chain tow trucks
- Wheel-lift tow trucks
- Boom tow trucks
- Integrated tow trucks
- Quick-pick tow trucks
- Rotator tow trucks
- Car carriers
- Frame-lift tow trucks
- Swing-lift tow trucks
- Winch-and-pull tow trucks
- Tilt-tray tow trucks
- Four-wheel lift tow trucks
- Sling tow trucks
- Under-lift tow trucks
Common Types of Tow Truck Accidents in Huntsville
Some of the most common types of tow truck accidents in Huntsville, Alabama, include the following:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Jackknife accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Backing-up accidents
- Underride accidents
- Wide-turn accidents
- Brake failures
- Tire blowouts
- Intersection accidents
- Blind-spot accidents
- Impaired-driving accidents
- Fatigued-driving accidents
- Distracted-driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Failure-to-yield accidents
- Unsafe-lane-change accidents
- Improper-turn accidents
What Are the Common Causes of Tow Truck Accidents?
Tow trucks play an essential role on our roadways, assisting stranded motorists and relocating broken-down vehicles. However, because tow trucks are so large and unwieldy, tow truck operations can lead to accidents. Here are some common causes of tow truck accidents in Alabama:
- Driver error – Driver mistakes, whether speeding, reckless driving, improper lane changes, or failure to yield, are among the top causes of tow truck accidents in Alabama.
- Inadequate training – Tow truck drivers need specialized training to operate their large, complex vehicles safely. Lack of proper training can result in dangerous situations that lead to accidents.
- Improper vehicle maintenance – Tow trucks undergo constant wear and need regular upkeep to function safely. Failure to maintain a truck could result in mechanical defect accidents.
- Overloading – Tow trucks have specific weight limits. If a tow truck is overloaded, it can become difficult to control and more likely to crash.
- Distracted driving – If a tow truck driver is texting, eating, or using a GPS device while driving, they are significantly more likely to crash into other road users.
What Injuries Can Occur in a Tow Truck Accident?
Tow trucks are massive vehicles that carry considerable force upon impact, so tow truck accidents commonly result in severe crash injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and bruises
- Internal bleeding
- Abdominal injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Burn injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Joint injuries
- Psychological injuries
What Are the Legal Rights of Victims of Tow Truck Crashes in Huntsville, AL?
If you got hurt in a tow truck accident in Alabama, you could have the right to file several different types of claims to demand compensation for your losses. Here are some examples:
- Insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits – If the accident happened because of another party’s wrongful behavior, you could file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against that party.
- Workers’ compensation claims – If you were operating the tow truck as part of your job or working in some other capacity when the crash occurred, you could be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits.
- Product liability claims – If the tow truck accident was caused by a faulty vehicle or vehicle part, you could have a product liability claim against the manufacturer or seller of the defective item.
- Premises liability claims – If a tow truck crash occurred on someone else’s property because the owner failed to keep the area safe, you could have a premises liability claim against the owner.
Filing a Claim After a Towing Accident
If you get hurt in a towing accident in Huntsville Alabama, here are some steps you can take to jump-start the process of filing your claim:
- Seek immediate medical attention and follow your doctor’s orders.
- Return or send a trusted friend to the crash scene to gather evidence.
- Obtain a copy of the police crash report or have your lawyer do so for you.
- Keep track of your recovery progress with regular entries in a journal.
- Obtain estimates for vehicle repairs and keep track of all crash-related expenses.
- Consult our personal injury attorneys, who can explain your options and handle your claim.
- Let your lawyer negotiate with the insurance company.
- Discuss the possibility of filing a lawsuit if the insurance company won’t agree to a reasonable settlement.
How Our Huntsville Tow Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
Here’s how the Huntsville injury lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., can be of service to you after a tow truck accident:
- Providing an initial consultation to evaluate your case at no cost to you
- Investigating the accident and gathering valuable evidence
- Interviewing witnesses and consulting experts for testimony
- Calculating the full extent of your losses
- Identifying all potential sources of compensation
- Communicating with insurance adjusters and other parties for you
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Representing you in court, if necessary
- Keeping you informed about the progress of your case
Contact Our Huntsville Tow Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Reach out to Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., for a free initial consultation now. Your fight is our fight, and we’re ready to stand with you.