Highway 72 is especially dangerous because of significant construction projects affecting traffic speed.
1 = Highway 72, 2 = Research Park Blvd, 3 = Jordan Lane, 4 = University Drive
A = Sparkman and 565, B = Memorial Parkway between Clinton & Governors, C = Old Madison Pike and Research Blvd.
How to Practice Precaution
- Drive with heightened vigilance in confusing or oddly angled intersections.
- Always observe the posted speed limit and obey traffic signals and signs.
- Do not drive if you are intoxicated or under the influence of prescription or illicit drugs.
- Take your vehicle in for check-ups at recommended schedule. Brake malfunctions, worn tire treads, or other issues could endanger many lives on the road.
- If an intersection is known to be dangerous, operate with extra caution.
- Never drive drowsy or fall asleep at the wheel.
- Drive without distractions, such as cell phones, GPS devices, distracting music, or other factors.
collisions occur at intersections in Alabama each year
is the county with most prevalent intersection-related vehicle collisions.
of traffic accident fatalities occurred near intersections from 2006-2015.