Table of Contents
- 1 Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: Stats on Car Accidents vs. Motorcycle Accidents in Huntsville
- 1.1 How an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Huntsville Can Assist You
- 1.2 Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers: Types of Injuries
- 1.3 Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney on Causes of Huntsville Motorcycle Accidents
- 1.4 Recover from Your Motorcycle Injuries While We Work on Your Case
- 1.5 Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney will Deal with Insurance Companies
- 2 Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: Get Help Now
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: Stats on Car Accidents vs. Motorcycle Accidents in Huntsville
In fact, motorcycle riders are 37 times more likely than car passengers to die in a crash and nine times more likely to be injured than passengers in cars and trucks. Even non-fatal Alabama motorcycle accidents can result in brain injury, spine injuries, broken bones, road rash, burns, scars, and other serious or permanent injuries.
We know from experience that most motorcyclists are highly safety conscious and mindful of traffic safety because they understand the risks of an accident. Many motorcycle accidents are caused by the carelessness or negligence of others on the road or dangerous intersections in Huntsville. Regardless of how safe a rider you are, you cannot control the actions of other motorists on Alabama roads and highways or prevent them from acting carelessly.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in an Alabama motorcycle accident, you want to be sure to have experienced lawyers representing you. You want to choose a trusted lawyer who has helped many Alabama families. When the choice really matters, choose the Huntsville motorcycle accident lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. We want to help you get your life back on track. We offer a free case review and will explain your legal options. Contact us now or call us at 256-677-4376 for a free consultation.
“I would like to thank the hard-working people at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. When you’re involved in a motorcycle accident like I was, you need all the help you can get. From the first time we met Mr. King, we were put at complete ease. His explanation of the insurance companies and how they work was spot on! I would highly recommend Mr. King or any of the attorneys at Morris, King, & Hodge. Again, thank you for all your help.”
How an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Huntsville Can Assist You
Motorcycle accidents may cause catastrophic, life-changing injuries. Many riders require months of rehabilitation to regain their independence. If your injuries are severe, you may be left with permanent disabilities. You may be unable to work again or be unable to earn as much as before the accident.
The personal injury attorneys at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., have decades of experience representing injured motorcyclists and dealing with insurance companies regarding accidents caused by the negligence of others.
We recognize that you and your family are going through a very stressful time as a result of the motorcycle accident. You probably would rather not deal with insurance companies or lawyers. But having an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer working on your behalf can help relieve your stress and allow you to concentrate on your recovery.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers will analyze the contributing factors in the accident and determine all the potentially liable parties. We will act with all purposeful speed to secure evidence of negligence and prepare a claim on your behalf.
If your injuries require ongoing medical care or will necessitate lifestyle changes to resume daily activities, we may work with medical economists to estimate the long-term financial impact of your injuries. These future expenses will be added to the cost of current medical treatment, surgery, physical therapy, medical equipment, and lost wages to calculate your overall losses.
We will submit a claim for full compensation to the insurance companies of the at-fault party or parties and negotiate fiercely for a just settlement. We conduct a thorough investigation of each motorcycle wreck case so that we have all the facts at our command. Our accident attorneys are seasoned negotiators, and most cases are resolved without going to trial.
But if the insurer refuses to agree to a just settlement, our motorcycle accident lawyers are prepared after consulting with you to pursue justice in court. The auto accident lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., have a proven record of verdicts and settlements. We have recovered more than $100 million in verdicts and settlements for clients. The fact that we are prepared to take a motorcycle accident case to trial if necessary works to the advantage of our clients as we negotiate to get a just settlement. Insurers do not like to go to court.
If your future is at stake, trust Morris, King & Hodge, P.C.
Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers: Types of Injuries
Motorcyclists typically suffer the brunt of the injuries in crashes involving a motorcycle and an automobile or truck in Alabama. Motorcycles lack the protection of an enclosed passenger compartment or seat belt restraints.
A biker may sustain a head injury, traumatic brain injury (TBI), facial injury, broken collarbone, broken pelvis, or other fractures in a collision. Incapacitating injuries are more common when the initial point of contact in a crash is the front of the motorcycle. In higher speed accidents, motorcyclists are often ejected from the motorcycle onto the road or thrown into another vehicle.
As the ridership of motorcycles has increased, the number of people killed and injured in motorcycle accidents has increased in recent years. Nationwide, nearly 5,000 motorcyclists died in accidents in 2015 and 88,000 riders sustained injuries, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The increase in accidents has been particularly pronounced among riders ages 40 and older who now account for a large portion of riders. Often times riders can be difficult to rescue after an accident due to rural surroundings. Motorcyclist crashes represent approximately one of every seven fatal traffic accidents.
The common injuries in motorcycle accidents include:
- Lower Extremity Injuries — Leg injuries, knee injuries, and pelvic injuries are the motorcyclist injuries most frequently treated in emergency rooms, according to the NHTSA. Severe lower limb injuries may require extended stays in a hospital or rehabilitation center and leave permanent impairments.
- Head Injuries — Head injuries are less common than injuries to lower extremities, but they are more severe. Riders who sustain traumatic brain injuries are more likely to be discharged to a rehabilitation center or a long-term care facility for ongoing treatment and to have higher treatment costs. Approximately one of every six motorcyclists treated at a hospital emergency room after a crash had a traumatic brain injury, according to a 2009 NHTSA study. Motorcyclists who have a traumatic brain injury are more likely to be discharged to a rehabilitation center or long-term care facility and incur higher medical costs.
- Leg Injuries — Injured riders sustain more leg injuries than any other type of lower extremity injury. Bone fractures such as fractures of the ankle and the femur, the long upper leg bone, are common leg injuries.
- Pelvis and Hip Injuries — Motorcycle crashes exert high-energy forces, and riders often sustain pelvic fractures. Pelvic fractures caused by high-impact crashes often require surgery to reconstruct the pelvis so the patients can resume normal activities.
- Facial Injuries — Motorcycle accidents involving higher speeds increase the risk of a rider sustaining facial injuries. Riders who are ejected from a motorcycle and hit the road or another hard surface may sustain facial fractures, lacerations, nerve damage, or injuries causing disfigurement. Riders who are wearing helmets with face shields are less likely to suffer facial injuries. Extensive facial disfigurement may require multiple cosmetic surgeries.
- Nerve Damage — When a rider hits the pavement or a guardrail, a rider’s arm and shoulder often take the initial impact. That can stretch or tear nerves that send signals from your spine to your shoulder arm, causing a brachial plexus injury. Severe brachial plexus injuries can leave an arm paralyzed or with limited use of the arm. Surgery to graft nerves or muscle may help restore function.
- Spinal Injuries — Motorcycle accidents and auto accidents are leading causes of spinal injuries, accounting for a third of spinal cord injuries. About one of every 10 motorcyclists who is injured in a crash sustains a spinal injury, according to research published in Trauma, a medical journal. Injuries to the thoracic spine —the middle section of the spine—are the most common spinal injuries in motorcycle crashes. A rider also may sustain injuries to multiple levels of the spine.
If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury in a motorcycle accident, you are likely facing a lengthy recovery and high dollar medical expenses. It is normal to feel overwhelmed in this situation, but you may have some options. You may be entitled to seek compensation for your pain and suffering as well as for your losses if another party’s negligence or disregard for safety led to your injuries, it is important to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
“Even the mediator said that this was a superb team that represented us, the best-prepared case he had seen in over 20 years of mediating.”
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney on Causes of Huntsville Motorcycle Accidents
- Driver Inattention
- Pulling Out in Front of a Motorcycle
- Turning Left into a Motorcycle
- Not Signaling Lane Changes
- Lane Splitting
- Merging Automobiles Forcing Motorcycles Off the Road
- Failure to Act Responsibly during Motorcycle Slideouts
- Excessive Speed
- Weather Conditions
- DWI/DUI—Drunk Driving Accidents
- Negligent Use of Cell Phone
- Texting While Driving
- Negligent Design, Construction, and Maintenance of Roads
- Negligent Entrustment
- Defective Products
Recover from Your Motorcycle Injuries While We Work on Your Case
After an Alabama motorcycle accident, your health should be your first priority. We can aid you in finding the best available medical care and arrange with your health care providers for the payment for your treatment to be postponed until your lawsuit is settled.
While you recover, we will conduct an evaluation of your Alabama motorcycle wreck claim and determine who was at fault. We will perform a full investigation of the motorcycle accident scene, interview any witnesses, and take pictures of the vehicles that were involved.
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney will Deal with Insurance Companies
Within days of your motorcycle accident, a lawyer representing the at-fault party’s insurance company will typically offer a quick settlement before you know how serious your injuries are. This lawyer’s chief concern is limiting the amount of money that the insurance company pays out. That is why you need a strong advocate who will fight for you.
When an insurance company presents a settlement offer, it is in your best interest to discuss the situation with a lawyer. Contact the Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. We are familiar with the many tactics that insurance companies use to get you to settle quickly and for less compensation than you deserve. Our firm has years of experience dealing with insurance companies and handling accident claims such as uninsured motorist insurance claims.
Our Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers want to make sure that you are compensated for all financial losses that you may have incurred from the motorcycle accident, such as medical bills and any lost income from missed work as a result of the motorcycle injuries.
Our lawyers will identify all possible sources of compensation for your injuries and contact the appropriate insurance companies on your behalf. While our attorney will try to negotiate a fair settlement before filing a lawsuit, we will not hesitate to go to trial if necessary to stand up for your legal rights. Our knowledgeable Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers will aggressively pursue a just resolution to your case.
Huntsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: Get Help Now
From our office in Huntsville, Alabama, Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., handle motorcycle accident cases in counties and cities throughout North Alabama, including Madison County, Morgan County, Marshall County, Limestone County, Cullman, and Florence. If you think that we can help you or a loved one as we have helped many other Alabamians with their motorcycle accident cases, please call us for a free consultation about your accident. You may be entitled to benefits of which you are unaware of.
To schedule a free case review, please call us at (256) 677-4376 or 888-445-3654, or complete our quick contact web form. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., can help you or a loved one move forward after a serious accident caused by the negligence of others.
If you are looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Alabama, contact us today!