Motorists must always be cautious when sharing the road with commercial trucks. Large trucks are the giants of America’s roadways, with some weighing as much as 80,000 pounds. Drivers and occupants of passenger vehicles have a difficult time avoiding serious harm if a collision occurs. And according to truck accident statistics, Alabamians are especially at risk. The state recently ranked 8th in the nation for fatal large truck and bus crashes.
Commercial truck accident cases are complex. They often involve violations of both federal and state laws. The truck accident injuries are usually severe or even catastrophic. Determining who is at fault requires an in-depth investigation and detailed legal analysis. Sometimes, liability may be spread among multiple parties such as the commercial truck driver, trucking company, parts manufacturers and others.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Florence Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys Will Stand Up for You
- 2 Common Causes of Florence Delivery Truck Accidents in Alabama
- 3 Florence Delivery Truck Accidents Can Change Lives Forever
- 4 Florence Attorneys Who Push for a Full and Fair Delivery Truck Accident Settlement
- 5 Get a Free Consultation and Case Review Now
Our Florence Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys Will Stand Up for You
The Florence lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., are skilled litigators with a thorough understanding of the strict regulations governing the trucking industry. We investigate complicated commercial truck accident claims to uncover what happened and who is responsible.
Building a case may involve consulting with experts in medicine, accident reconstruction and life care planning, and we’re connected with the best. When you work with our truck accident attorneys, you can rest assured that our award-winning law firm will leave no stone unturned when seeking the compensation you need to recover and move on in life.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial truck accident, schedule a free consultation with an attorney at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. We will review your case and explain your legal options. If we decide to work together, you won’t pay unless we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf. To learn more, contact us today.
Common Causes of Florence Delivery Truck Accidents in Alabama
Our attorneys handle a wide range of accident claims involving large trucks, tractor trailers, 18-wheelers, buses, fire trucks, commercial trucks, bucket trucks, utility trucks, and other commercial vehicles. Many truck accidents occur for the same reasons that other traffic accidents do. Speeding, unsafe lane changes, texting or talking on the phone while driving are careless behaviors for any driver. For the operators of massive commercial trucks, engaging in that type of recklessness is extraordinarily risky and potentially deadly.
Other common causes of commercial truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue – Long-haul truck drivers spend long stretches of time on the road. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires that drivers take mandatory rest breaks to avoid fatigue-related crashes. But FMCSA recorded more than 84,000 hours-of-service violations in a recent year, making it one of the most common driver violations.
- Distracted driving – Truckers are restricted from using handheld devices on the roads. If an accident occurs because they break this restriction, they could be held liable for their negligence.
- Poor maintenance – Commercial trucks require routine maintenance and routine safety inspections. Failure to make repairs and perform regular service can contribute to problems with critical components such as tires and brakes. Common inspection violations are oversights involving truck lights, oil and gas leaks, inadequate tire tread depth, misaligned brakes, broken turn signals and inoperable windshield wipers.
- Defective equipment – Faulty parts that cause a large truck crash could result in a lawsuit against the product’s designer or manufacturer.
- Overweight or unsecured loads – Unbalanced cargo can shift during travel, making large trucks more prone to jackknife accidents.
- Inadequate training and negligent hiring and retention – Driving a commercial truck requires specialized knowledge and skills. A trucking company that fails to hire qualified drivers could be liable for any injuries resulting from an accident by the driver’s lack of training.
Florence Delivery Truck Accidents Can Change Lives Forever
At Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., we have seen the devastating consequences of Alabama commercial truck crashes. Victims can suffer from shattered bones, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord trauma, burns, internal bleeding, neck injuries and other injuries that require months to years of recuperation. Some never fully recover.
Even those who do make a full recovery will likely contend with expensive medical bills, lost income and other financial and emotional losses. That’s why it’s important to get our attorneys’ help as soon as possible following a commercial truck wreck in Alabama.
There are other reasons to act quickly, too. It’s not uncommon for evidence to disappear in truck accident cases. It’s even been found that truckers and trucking companies have falsified their log books and maintenance records in an attempt to dodge liability. Our lawyers can examine the facts to protect your claim from being handled improperly and help you seek the commercial truck accident settlement you deserve.
A variety of defendants may be held liable in a large truck accident claim, such as:
- Trucking company
- Truck driver
- Parts or tires manufacturers
- Cargo companies
- The owner
Determining liability will require an examination of reports from law enforcement, inspector’s reports and eyewitnesses. In some cases, trucks equipped with black box recorders will have data that shows the cause of the crash, which can help pinpoint the responsible party.
Florence Attorneys Who Push for a Full and Fair Delivery Truck Accident Settlement
Getting the best outcome in your case is always our primary goal. Oftentimes, that can be achieved in settlement negotiations. If possible, it’s usually best to opt for a settlement to avoid the time and expense of a trial. But sometimes the best results can come only in the courtroom. The lawyers at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., prepare every commercial truck accident case as if it is going to trial so that if negotiations fail, we are already set for the next phase.
A successful truck accident claim can allow you to collect compensation for financial losses such as medical bills, hospital expenses, property damage, missed wages and lost earning capacity. In Alabama, you may also be entitled to money for pain and suffering, emotional distress and lost enjoyment of life, among other non-monetary damages.
Get a Free Consultation and Case Review Now
There is nothing to lose by meeting with a Morris, King & Hodge, P.C., attorney for a free consultation. If you’re looking for a delivery truck accident lawyer in Florence, Alabama, call us or contact us online now.