Were you injured in a car accident in Huntsville? If you were hurt in an accident that was not your fault, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from a skilled car accident lawyer right away.
For over 50 years, the attorneys of Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. have worked to protect the rights and interests of injured accident victims in Huntsville and throughout North Alabama. We want to be the firm you trust to help you seek the compensation and justice you deserve from the parties at fault for your injuries.
Our attorneys have won significant six-figure and seven-figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients in state and federal courts across North Alabama. Our firm is proud to be listed in the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers and to have received the highest AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Contact our firm today for a free case review to speak to one of our skilled car accident attorneys about your case and to discuss your rights and options for seeking financial compensation from the negligent driver or other parties at fault for the crash and your injuries and losses.
Table of Contents
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Huntsville?
Some of the most frequent causes or contributing factors to car accidents in Huntsville include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving, reaching for objects in the passenger compartment, eating or drinking, grooming or applying makeup, or interacting with passengers or pets in the vehicle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Reckless driving, including weaving through heavy traffic or racing
- Fatigued/drowsy driving, which is considered as dangerous as driving while intoxicated
- Speeding, including traveling too fast for road or weather conditions
- Tailgating, or following too closely to the vehicle in front
- Poor weather/road conditions, including heavy fog or rain or ice on the roadway
- Failure to yield
- Failure to stop at stop signs or traffic lights
- Inexperienced drivers
- Unsafe lane changes, such as due to failing to signal or failing to check mirrors and blind spots before switching lanes
- Dangerous turns, including due to failing to signal or failing to yield to oncoming traffic
- Vehicle defects, including defects in the vehicle itself or defects in vehicle parts like brakes or tires
What to Do If You Have Been Hurt in a Crash in Huntsville
If you’ve been hurt in a car crash in Huntsville, you can take the following steps to help protect your legal rights and options for seeking compensation for your injuries and beginning the process of pursuing your claim against the parties responsible for the accident:
- Make sure to get the contact information, vehicle registration information, driver’s license information, and insurance information from each driver involved in the crash.
- If any witnesses happened to see the accident, ask them to provide a short, written or recorded statement about what they saw, or take down their contact information in case you later need to reach out to them for a statement.
- Take photos or video of the accident scene, including the lighting, weather, and traffic conditions, any marks in the road, the traffic controls at the scene, damage to the vehicles involved in the crash, and any visible injuries you’ve suffered.
- Get examined by a doctor as soon as possible after the accident to diagnose and get a treatment plan for any injuries you suffered in the crash. That way, you’ll have medical records that link your injuries to the accident, in case insurance companies or defense lawyers later try to claim that your injuries occurred after the accident or were caused by pre-existing conditions.
- Keep copies of bills, invoices, and receipts for expenses you incur for medical treatment or vehicle repairs. Also, make sure to obtain a copy of your paystubs or income statements if you end up missing time from work following the accident.
- Avoid discussing the accident with friends and family or on social media. If you say something that contradicts your official claim, it can hurt your credibility and impact your chances for financial recovery. Also, avoid having photos or videos of yourself posted on social media since insurance adjusters and defense lawyers like to use pictures of accident victims traveling or being active to argue against any claims of serious injuries.
- Get a consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the crash to discuss your case and learn more about your legal rights and options for pursuing compensation. By consulting with an attorney soon after the accident, you can give your lawyer as much time as possible to secure evidence in your case before it is lost and to prepare a strong, effective claim to present to the insurance companies or at trial.
How Our Lawyers Can Help Victims of Huntsville Car Accidents
When you’ve been the victim of a car crash in Huntsville, let the legal team at Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. help you hold the negligent or reckless driver or other at-fault parties accountable for the injuries and property damage you’ve sustained in the accident by:
- Investigating the accident to recover evidence we can use to prove your right to compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Working to make sure you have access to the medical treatment you need.
- Arranging to have your vehicle repaired, including examining your vehicle to determine if defects may have played a part in the accident.
- Calculating the full extent of your losses.
- Filing your insurance claim and dealing with all communications with the adjusters on your behalf so that you can stay focused on your treatment and recovery.
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement that covers all of your losses.
- Taking your case to trial when going to court represents the best option for securing the fair and full compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Huntsville Car Accident Lawyers for Help Today
After you’ve been involved in a car accident in Huntsville, reach out to the car accident lawyers of Morris, King & Hodge, P.C. for a free, no-obligation initial consultation. Our goal will be to seek the compensation you need and deserve.